ThermiTight®: Skin Tightening in Washington, DC and Prince George’s County
One of the unfortunate side effects of aging is that as our mid-face appears to lose volume, our lower face develops fat deposits and skin laxity leading to the appearance of jowls and a double chin. In the past, the only treatment that Plastic Surgeons’ could offer their patients for these conditions were facelift and necklift surgeries which were accompanied by significant downtime. Dr. Carlton Scroggins has taken a specific interest in bringing non-surgical technology into his practice that can help his patients get surgical-like skin tightening results with minimal downtime, and that’s why he’s proud to be the first Plastic Surgeon in Prince George’s County to offer ThermiTight®!
ThermiTight® uses a unique temperature-controlled radiofrequency platform to harness the body’s own natural repair response to tighten, thicken, and rejuvenate skin. The procedure is done by Dr. Scroggins who uses a cannula to deliver controlled radiofrequency energy beneath the skin and heat the area to a therapeutic temperature allowing new collagen to develop.
ThermiTight® is ideal for patients who are looking to address a specific area of fat or skin laity, but aren’t ready to commit to the downtime of a surgical procedure. If you suffer from mild to moderate skin laxity as a result of the natural aging process or due to weightloss, you may be a candidate for this procedure.
- How many ThermiTight® treatments do I need?
- The vast majority of patients will only need one ThermiTight® procedure. This will be discussed in your consultation with Dr. Scroggins.
- Do I have to go to the hospital or a surgery center to have this procedure done?
- No, ThermiTight® is performed by Dr. Scroggins in the Plastic Surgery of Greater Washington office.
- Does ThermiTight® hurt?
- The treatment area is infused with a tumescent solution containing local anesthetic prior to the procedure. Many patients report that they feel a sensation of heat in the treatment area but it’s not painful. Dr. Scroggins may offer an oral medication prior to treatment to reduce any discomfort or anxiety.
- Can I have ThermiTight® done in conjunction with another procedure?
- What is the downtime after a ThermiTight® procedure?
- Most patients will experience some mild to moderate swelling, bruising, and discomfort after the procedure, but it will subside quickly. Dr. Scroggins will ask you to wear a compression garment throughout the next 24 hours, and then while you sleep for the next 2-3 days.
- What should I expect after my ThermiTight® procedure?
- Since this procedure is helping to stimulate the body’s collagen production, results only continue to get better over time, and can last several years!
- Which areas of the body can I have ThermiTight® done?
- Patients have had ThermiTight® done on their neck, jowls, arms, thighs, sagging breasts, abdomens, backs, and even knees! See the below gallery for examples:
- How much does ThermiTight ® cost?
- At Plastic Surgery of Greater Washington, the fee for a ThermiTight® procedure begins at $2,500, and will be discussed during your consultation.
You don’t have to live with your double chin or skin laxity any longer, contact us to schedule your ThermiTight® consultation with Dr. Scroggins today at 301-220-0400 !