ThermiVa Vaginal Rejuvenation in Washington, DC and Prince George’s County
Vaginal laxity or a feeling of ‘looseness’ in the vagina, can occur as a result of natural childbirth or the aging process, and can diminish sensation during sexual intercourse, lead to urinary incontinence, and to self-consciousness about the appearance of the vagina for some women. Treatment of these conditions in the past was offered in the form of invasive surgery, side effect causing medication, or ineffective over-the-counter vaginal lubricants. Dr. Scroggins and his staff at Plastic Surgery of Greater Washington are proud to announce that women don’t have to suffer in silence with these issues any longer, and that’s why he’s proud to be the first Plastic Surgeon in Prince George’s County to offer Thermiva vaginal rejuvenation!
Vaginal rejuvenation has grown in popularity in recent years as women look to reclaim, restore, and revive their bodies and relationships. ThermiVa® is a non-surgical treatment which uses temperature-controlled radiofrequency to deliver heat to to the labia and vaginal canal, resulting in a tightening effect both to the external genitalia (labia majora and labia minora) and the vagina itself. The procedure itself is done in the privacy of Dr. Scroggins’s plastic surgery office using a slim s-shaped probe which is passed along the external genitalia and vaginal canal in order to tighten and revitalize the tissue, which promotes skin contraction and new collagen formation leading to a healthier, more youthful vagina, and revitalized appearance.
- Is the Thermiva® treatment painful?
- The treatment has been described as a hot stone massage for the vagina, involves no cutting or stitching, and doesn’t even require any topical anesthesia!
- How long does the procedure take, and how many sessions will I need?
- The treatment itself takes 30-40 minutes depending on the patient and their concerns. Thermiva® is offered in a package of three (3) treatments spaced one month apart. To maintain results, a single touch-up treatment is needed after a year or so.
- Is there any downtime after the procedure?
- Unlike other vaginal rejuvenation procedures, there is no downtime after a Thermiva® treatment, meaning that most patients can have sexual intercourse the same night!
- How Much Does Thermiva® Cost?
- A three treatment Thermiva® package at Plastic Surgery of Greater Washington is offered for $3,000.
Thermiva® Before and After:
- Please note you must be 18 years old or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence (whichever is greater) to view the following slideshow which features pictures of female genitalia:
Am I a candidate for Thermiva®?
- If you suffer from any of the following concerns, contact us today for a consultation to see if ThermiVa® is right for you!
- Notice a lack of sensation during sexual intercourse
- Wish to improve satisfaction as a result of sexual intercourse
- Leak urine while exercising, laughing, coughing, or sneezing
- Experience a sudden, often uncontrollable, urge to uriniate
- Want a non-hormonal option to alleviate vaginal dryness associated with menopause
- Want a tighter, more rejuvenated look to your labia