Fat is a critical part of the human body and plays an essential role in building cell membranes, making your skin healthy, and protecting all your vital organs. Despite its benefits, fat is not very well-liked. Nonetheless, it provides cosmetic benefits as well as health benefits. The soft curves of the body and the youthful curves of the face are in large part due to body fat. In the cosmetic surgery industry, the fat transfer technique can enhance specific parts of your body using your own body fat so that you look beautiful and youthful.
How Fat Transfer Works
The fat transfer procedure has two parts. First, the surgeon conducts liposuction to extract fat cells from unwanted areas such as the abdomen, hips, thighs, or flanks. Then, the fat cells are injected into the target area. The grafted fat enhances the target area to add softness and curves.
Dr. Carlton H. Scroggins offers the fat transfer technique to enhance the face and the buttocks. In the buttocks, fat transfer adds fullness and softness for a rounder, more pleasing shape. In the face, the grafted fat cells can add volume and reduce the lines and wrinkles caused by aging. By injecting fat into thinning, sagging, or wrinkled areas, these facial features are smoothed and filled out, contributing to a more youthful, smooth, and soft appearance.
Advantages of Fat Transfer
Fat transfer offers many benefits and advantages:
- More slender body contours: Unwanted body fat is removed from areas that do not respond to exercise or dieting.
- Body contouring and enhancement: The surgeon strategically injects fat cells to enhance specific body parts according to the patient?s desires.
- Reduced appearance of facial aging: Fat transfer adds fullness and softness to effectively reduce the appearance of facial aging.
- Long-lasting results: The results are long lasting to permanent when the patient maintains a healthy body weight.
- Natural-looking results: While facial implants, synthetic fillers, and body implants can also shape the body, these may look unnatural. With fat transfer, the results look natural and youthful.
- Immediate results: The results from facial fat transfer are immediately visible. For butt lift patients, results are visible in only a few weeks.
- Reduced risk of complications: Many cosmetic surgery complications are caused by the injection of foreign material. Injecting the patient?s own fat cells greatly reduces the chance of infection or complications.
- Customized procedure: Fat transfer is completely customized to match the patient?s anatomy and desires.
- Limited scarring: Rather than long incision scars from inserting implants, fat transfer scars are limited to the small, inconspicuous incisions made for the microcannulas for liposuction.
- Single treatment: In most cases, fat transfer requires only one treatment session. Synthetic fillers typically require regular repeat sessions, and implants may need to be replaced over time. This makes it more convenient and more economical for you over time.
With fat transfer, you can have improved body contours and a softer, more youthful face. To schedule your complimentary fat transfer consultation with Dr. Scroggins, call (301) 220-0400 or fill out our online contact form.