How to Choose the Right Plastic Surgeon
These days, it seems as though anyone can call themselves a doctor or a cosmetic surgeon. So, how do you choose the right one? There are many physicians who claim to be reputable, and then there are those who actually are. To ensure that you are choosing a qualified plastic surgeon for your cosmetic procedure, here are some important factors to consider:
Experience Performing the Procedure You Desire
It is important that your surgeon has significant experience performing the type of surgical procedure you want to undergo. Some plastic surgeons specialize in facial plastic surgery, some in breast surgeries, and others in body contouring procedures. Make sure to ask your surgeon what areas of plastic surgery he or she specializes in.
Before and After Photos
Be sure to look at your surgeon?s before and after photos of past patients who have undergone the same procedure you want. This will help you get a feel for the surgeon?s skill set and help you to visualize the type of results you may expect to receive from this surgeon. Do you like what you see?
You can usually access before and after photos in their online photo gallery. If the doctor does not have images available on his or her website or you would like to see additional pictures, be sure to request them during your consultation.
Comfort With the Surgeon
It is important that you feel comfortable with the surgeon and his or her office staff. After your consultation, you may want to ask yourself the following questions:
- Did the surgeon?s office look clean and professional?
- Did the surgeon?s staff act professionally?
- Did the surgeon listen to me and understand my desires?
- Was the surgeon willing to answer all of my questions?
- Did the surgeon or his staff pressure me to add any unnecessary procedures?
- Did I feel comfortable with the surgeon and his staff?
- Did the surgeon show me before and after photographs?